Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Autumn Kitten

by Linda Benson

We've had some great posts recently, about horse training and dog books. So if you don't mind, I'd like to announce my recent release, and tell you what's different about this one (besides being about cats. *grin*)

It's called The Autumn Kitten.

This is the fourth book in my series called Cat Tales (each one is stand-alone fiction, and can be read in any order.) But, after fifteen years of being pegged a children's writer, this is the first time the story is for and about - adults! (And I had so much fun writing this one.)

Can Grace find true love on the internet? Widowed Grace is handling life just fine on her own, except for endless chores and long lonely nights. But when she falls head-over-heels for a pair of blue eyes she spots online, life suddenly becomes complicated. Will she let a kitten decide who she should date?

First, let me say there is nothing in here that a 10-year-old couldn't read. (I guess my kid-lit sensibilities are still with me.) But it's a fun story. And someone compared it to the kind of short stories that used to run in women's magazines, like Good Housekeeping or Redbook. Anyone remember those?

But as they seem to be a thing of the past, now you can find lots of short reads on Amazon. And as for me - I'm having a blast writing short fiction.

I will have some news soon about The Girl Who Remembered Horses and a possible sequel, but for now, I hope (if you're busy like I am) you'll find time to enjoy a light tale about Grace, her suitors, and a rambunctious Siamese/tabby mix.

Here's the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Autumn-Kitten-Cat-Tales-Book-ebook/dp/B00NKQ5PUQ/

It's priced at $0.99 and you don't even need a Kindle to read it. Download the Kindle app for free to your tablet, computer, smart phone, or whatever device you have!

Also, if you'd like a review copy, shoot me an email at linda (at) lindabenson.net

Thanks! Happy riding and reading!

2 comments:

Laura Crum said...

Congratulations on your new book!

Linda Benson said...

Thank you, Laura. It's rather a fun read!